the Rational Radical  
 
  
 


No Ipod Needed!  Listen on your computer.     

   

 

  

 

 

income distributiondistribution of income

INCOME DISTRIBUTION INEQUALITY

Income Distribution Inequality Increases Under Both Republicans and Democrats

August 19, 2001

One of the central goals of the Republocrat party is to increase the share of the nation's income and wealth held by the rich, at the expense of the middle class and poor.  And that goal is being achieved.

The government's own data show that the increasing inequality of income distribution that everyone noticed in the 80's under Reagan/Bush Sr. continued during the Clinton years.  Indeed, it may even have accelerated then.  Democrat or Republican, it doesn't matter.  They both govern in the interests of those at the very top rung of wealth and income.

Look at this income distribution chart...

...and this text excerpt:

[T]he share of the national income after taxes that the top one percent of the population received nearly doubled between 1979 and 1997. The CBO data indicate that by 1997, the 2.6 million Americans with the highest incomes the top one percent had as much after-tax income as close to 100 million Americans with the lowest incomes. Similarly, the 20 percent of Americans with the highest incomes received as much as the other 80 percent of the population. [chart and excerpt from Inequality.org]

Such findings are always criticized by right-wing pundits, who seek to deny what is apparent to anyone with eyes, ears and an increasingly empty wallet compared to the rich.  A detailed analysis, however, shows that these findings of a continuing increase in income distribution inequality are valid.

The stealing of our nation by the wealthiest few should be the number one economic story every night on the news.  Yet how often have you heard about this ever?!

Such lack of coverage is not surprising, of course, given who owns the mass media.

This was a selection from The Daily Diatribe

Wealth Distribution

More on Economic Injustice

income distribution inequalityincome

 
Latest Updates on my BLOG!!

 

 

 

     

         

  

   

 

 

 

Google

 


   

 

    

 

  

Comments

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Make a comment


Go to top of this "Income Distribution Inequality" page

Back   Home 

2001  All rights reserved